Sometimes my job is very hard! Like when I have to sample new things on your behalf. It’s dreadful I tell you, but I’m that committed to your health and well-being so I’m always happy to take one for the team…
This morning, I had to try Mandy’s new rose and geranium yoghurt. It’s in the small 200ml tubs, lunch box sizes like her vanilla and honey ones. We’ve discontinued the vanilla ones just for a short while as the shelf life is really, really short on them because they’ve got lemon juice in them. I want Mandy to try using vanilla powder instead of vanilla extract and lemon juice, I think it’ll last alot longer.
In the meantime, try out the rose geranium if you like…well – the taste of rose geranium. Of course I’m stating the obvious but I can’t describe it any better than that. If you like the taste of rose, imagine that with creamy yoghurt and if your brain yells ‘yes please’, then it’s for you. If you’re like my husband who thinks that flowers and food should never be on the same plate, then perhaps it’s not for you.
He doesn’t seem to mind though when I make lavendar creme brulee I notice….funny that….anyhow, this is just a short one to let you know what we have in right now.
Today’s orders have gone out, if you place an order this afternoon, we’ll bring it through tomorrow just in time for the week-end or you can collect it here from 2pm.
Just in today:
- Paris Patisserie Frozen and Sliced Sourdough Loaves – Pumpkin, Sundried Tomato and Olive in right now…
- Goat Peter – new stock in of Kefir, Chevre – Cranberry, Garlic and Herb, Plain and Black Pepper, Yoghurt, Cottage Cheese, feta, Halloumi, Sils (Gouda)..
- Mandy and Moobery Farm – Full Cream Milk, 1 Litre Raw Milk, Rose Geranium 200ml Tubs, Boschveldt Eggs, Butter, Double Thick Greek Style Yoghurt, Natural Yoghurt. Stock in of free-range chicken thighs, drums, breasts and whole chickens.
- Certified Organic Fruit and Vegetables – In and Seasonal – Apples, Avocado, Baby Marrows, Brocolli, Butternut, Carrots Bunch, Clementines, Lemons, Mixed Marrows, Patty Pans, Sweet Potatoes and Swiss Chard, Naturally Grown Non-Certified – PGS Approved by the Bryanston Organic Market – Rosemary, Dill, Chilli, Coriander, Roasted Veg Assortment Pack, Cut Up Pumpkin, Salad Pack, Beetroot Thyme and Onion Roast Packs
- Organic Olive Products – Just in – Waverley Hills Organic Olive Oil, Kalamata Olives and Olive Tapanades – Chilli and Plain
- Ready Made and Prepared Meals by Ambersky – Gluten-Free Carrot Cake (DEEEEELICIOUS), Lamb Korma, Chicken Korma, Chicken ala King, Shephards Pie, Thai Green Curry Cook In Sauce, Basil Pesto, Pasta Sauces – Mushroom, Garlic and Creamy Cheese, Tomato and Basil Creamy Sauce, Free Range Bolognaise Sauce (using Kalahari 100% Grass Fed Beef)
We’ve stil well stocked with Kalahari 100% Grass Fed Beef, Melford Traditional Oils – Lard and Tallow as well.
New stock of the Bufffalo Mozzarella has landed so we’ll be fetching that from the airport tomorrow and have that back up shortly.
Please shout if there is anything that you’d like us to stock and if there’s a broader need and we’ll try it out and see whether it’s worth stocking.
I have some good news coming soon to you on the lamb front – we’ll have genuine Karoo Lamb audited to protocols to ensure its authenticity. I’m very excited about this and will shout from the roof tops as always as soon as we’re ready with this!
Raw Milk – For those of you that have been asking for raw milk – please note that I can get it in, in small quantities but do need to put a sticker on saying ‘pets milk’ in order to comply with the municipal by-laws for selling raw milk.
This is crazy but I’ve taken myself to a coffee shop not even 500metres from the office because it’s actually going to be the only way I can communicate with
Melford Traditional Oils – Try Their New Paleo Snack…