Coconut, Chili and Lime Thai Sweet Potatoes
Thai Chilli Coconut and Chilli Sweet Potatoes
| Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees C.
- ¼ cup organic coconut oil
- 1kg sweet potatoes, cut into chunks with the skin on
- 1 dried red chili – snipped up finely – or use 2 fresh green or red
- 1 tsp. garam masala powder (I use Yogi Bhajan mix from Earth Products, available at Fruits & Roots)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Sea salt and pepper
- Drizzle organic maple syrup or honey
- 1 Tb desiccated organic coconut
- 4 Thai lime leaves
- Juice of ½ fresh lime
- 2-3 Spring onions – greens sliced
Throw the sweet potatoes into a roasting dish and toss through the coconut oil.
Sprinkle over the garam masala powder, chili, cumin, sea salt and pepper.
Toss it all through and pop it into the oven for approx. 50 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are cooked.
Snip up the Thai lime leaves and stir through the hot sweet potatoes, together with the coconut and drizzle some agave all over the top, pop back into the oven for the last 5 minutes.
Remove from oven, splash the lime juice on top, sprinkle a last bit of sea salt over the top and your chopped spring onion and walk through the gates of sweet potato heaven!
I allowed it to cool slightly and then assembled some sweet potato chunks over baby leaves and fresh tomato and turned it into a salad.
It is so beautiful and the coconut, chili and lime juice that comes off the potatoes makes a to-die- for dressing….